Shortcuts is a free application that allows iPhone users to download videos from different platforms directly on their smartphones. You can download content from various sites, such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
Due to limitations between iOS and Google services, many programs that allowed you to download videos on your iPhone no longer work. Shortcuts are one of the only options currently available for this purpose.
The Shortcuts (Shortcuts, in Portuguese) is a personal automation tool. It is capable of creating automatic tasks, according to the user’s needs. There are more than 200 actions for functions and tools, such as Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Safari, social networks, Camera, clouds, among others.
It is possible to make GIFs and save PDF files directly from Safari. In addition to creating a screen saver with access to direct contact to a specific contact, among other options. The goal is to “shorten the path” of specific actions, such as downloading videos.
Step by step how to use Shortcuts
1. After purchasing Shortcuts, you will need to include the YouTube video download flow. As the number of actions is very large, go to the application’s website through the device’s browser and look for a YouTube download shortcut. When you find the option, click Get Shortcut ;
2. Then, open the desired video on YouTube through Safari. Click the iPhone share button, as shown below;
3. Then touch More (three dots). In the new window, to make the app available for use, activate the key next to Shortcut ;
4. Open Safari again on the YouTube video you want to download and access the iPhone’s share button. This time, select the new Shortcut option.
- Through the YouTube app, the path is Share > three dots> Shortcut.
Ready! With the other automated steps, the video will be saved on the phone.
Testing with the app was more successful with downloading videos through Safari. The application worked correctly on July 25, 2019.
Pay attention to copyright
Most videos that circulate on the internet are protected by copyright. This means that they cannot be reproduced or shared without the author’s authorization or upon payment of these rights.
So, before downloading any video, check if you can do it without paying or without authorization. Many contents can be reproduced only with due credit to the author, while others are illegal to download without permission or payment.
Now, check out how to download Instagram videos (and stories) and learn how to print the screen on any Android phone and iPhone
Will you change devices and want to reset what’s in it? Here’s how to reset your iPhone and restore factory settings. Or find out how to get photos from iPhone to PC via iCloud or USB cable.
If you’re looking to find out how to download videos on Android, AppGeek also explains everything right!