In the face of the Covid-19 epidemic in which we live, constant disinfection is something we get used to. Users who, for some reason, cannot avoid being connected to the smartphone, tablet or computer must also keep this equipment as clean as possible.
To this end, manufacturers such as Apple or Samsung are quite explicit: compounds with isopropyl alcohol should be used instead of the traditional ethyl, avoid water and keep the equipment turned off during the disinfection process.
Apple has a small announcement available on its website giving some recommendations on how to disinfect your devices. And these are also valid for the equipment of other brands.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid clothes, towels, wipes or the like that are abrasive.
- Avoid excessive cleaning, which can cause damage.
- Disconnects all external power supplies, as well as all devices and cables.
- Keep the product away from liquids, unless otherwise specified in specific products.
- Do not moisten any openings.
- Do not use aerosols, bleaches or abrasives.
- Do not spray cleaning products directly on the product
For disinfection, just have a liquid that has isopropyl alcohol. This name may not be familiar to you, but it is alcohol that is part of the composition of disinfectants that we find in stores that sell technological equipment.
Clean the dirtiest parts of your equipment, and pay attention to the cable or speaker entries. In these areas, you must pay special attention, so as not to damage them with the liquid.
If you use a cover on your equipment, it can simply be washed with soap and water. Don’t forget: before and after cleaning your smartphone, wash your hands.